FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Las Vegas Cosmopolitan Hotel [Master Thread]
Old Mar 9, 2019, 8:32 pm
kefkaticfanatic

1) Last time I booked I was able to do it through the online portal, but yea this time I had to call the number. Kind of annoying. It made me put down a partial deposit at booking time (I stayed two nights, it was roughly one night's worth), and the rest charged after I arrived. If that means I only get 5x on the deposit then darn... guess I'll think ahead for that next time

2) We charged salon services to the room, and that did post for Marriott points, which was consistent with my last visit which got points for salon & spa services. I've always just paid CC directly for restaurants... I think only some of the on-property locations allow for room charges anyway.

3) The front desk straight up offered to let me change the card to whatever I wanted. I figured I would just keep it on Amex this time more as an experiment to see if everything went through as 5x, since that would be better earning than either the SPG lux or CSR... still waiting for my statement to see if it indeed does post 5x.

4) Ah really? I was just going off of the Identity tier page... maybe you don't have to pay resort fee yet still get parking with that level. I flew in this time, but always tell myself I'll drive at some point (based in LA), or rent a car so I can explore some of the rocks & canyons on a longer visit.

5) You still charge the full buffet to the room, but it never ends up on your folio (i.e. not just credited back but not there in the first place). I think that's the same as last time too.