FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Regency Bangkok, Sukhumvit in Thailand REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Mar 9, 2019, 5:07 pm
SMK77

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, SQ PPS Solitaire
Very nice hotel!

Originally Posted by Kacee
I had an opportunity to check out a Regency suite yesterday (but did not stay in it). Found the finishes and furnishings quite disappointing. Floors are vinyl fake wood. Cabinetry and doors are vinyl fake wood. Furnishings are Ikea type quality, and already showing wear, as is the carpeting. Based on what I saw, this property is not the same class as the Erawan or the full service former SPG properties.

On the positive side, the staff were exceptionally gracious and service-oriented. Public space on the 4th floor (where Regency Club is currently located) is very nice.
Just finished a two night stay there in a Regency Suite and I think very highly of this property. I like the design and the materials used and I think this gives PH Bangkok a good run for the money. This hotel is far better than what I would expect from a Hyatt Regency. The green silk and warm wood colours used remind me a bit of a refreshed Sukhothai design. Park Hyatt is minimalistic and cold while this design has local references and is warm and cozy. I looked at the toilet as an example and while PH installed the cheapest they could find, this one looked quite decent.

The interim club offering is superb and includes a menu with quite a number of items they prepare freshly for you. My personal order of Hyatt's in Bangkok: Hyatt Regency, Park Hyatt, Grand Hyatt.

Service is of a pretty high standard already. Park Hyatt was unacceptable in the first couple of months after opening.