FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What’s Marriott Customer Service team’s role?
Old Mar 9, 2019, 4:48 pm
miloworld

Programs: IHG Spire, Marriott
Originally Posted by wendySFO
This is not a thread about issues at the property so I leave it out for some other time. What I want to find out is if I have the wrong expectation of Marriott's "Customer Service" team. They are listed as "Loyalty Program Members Customer Service" when I looked up their phone number. But some how I don't see they did anything to support me as a Loyal Program member.

I assume Customer Service team has guideline and judgement calls to accept cases, Marriott corporate should have influence and means to manage the properties who bear the Marriott brands. It is unreasonable to expect Customer Service team can have magic to turn things around but I don't feel it is right they don't followup what they said they will (for example, some one suppose to get back to me on certain date, it never happened after two months), and allow property to close case opened by customers without justification and not even notify whoever opened the case.
No, they have no interest in your loyalty. I thought they were only clueless about SPG terms. One time I called, the agent didn’t even know the night requirements for Bonvoy Plat. That’s not even a new tier and has not changed with SPG/Bonvoy involvements.

Kinda fail if you work at a ticket booth and can’t put your finger on the price of standard Adult admission.