FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Aer Lingus Cancelling Flights for Summer, 2019 [Avios redemption re-booking]
Old Mar 9, 2019, 4:20 pm
Im a new user

Originally Posted by BA6501
Rebooking after a cancellation is very routine and there are 'standard guidelines' re what to do in such a situation. Any additional policies (route-specific) can take a couple of days, but does not mean that the standard policies don't apply.
However, there is one area where customer service really excels: giving incorrect information. That's why it may be better to wait until someone who knows how it works contacts you instead of trying to contact customer service.
Originally Posted by LX64A332
I just called BA, was offered free-rerouting via YYZ.
I asked about being re-routed YUL-LHR-DUB, was told as I have an avios ticket that is not a possibility.
So I want to ask, those that have successfully been rebooked YUL-LHR-DUB, was this for an avios ticket or paid ticket?
The operating airline (EI) is required under EU rules to rebook you under comparable conditions and it's debatable if it's comparable conditions if you have to change more times than necessary. BA is not the operating airline and so can maybe set other conditions for rebookings made by BA.
Originally Posted by farnorthtrader
Ours were Avios tickets and there was not Avios availability on the flights that they moved us to, they opened space on BA flights. I called the BA Canadian phone line, although I don't know if it makes a difference. HUCA would seem to be in order for you.
Check the booking class. You sometimes get a revenue fare bucket in cases like this.