FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What’s Marriott Customer Service team’s role?
Old Mar 9, 2019, 1:09 pm
calguy77

It seems with the chat on the app, customer care, surverys, etc...there are too many ways for a guest to communicate to the hotels. It needs to be simplified and they need one outlet. the chat on the app sucks. First off I don't want to download another app, why can't they just text you or you text the hotel? This way no clutter with another app.

I already posted about my thoughts on surveys, they seem counter productive. You've already left the hotel, There's no way to correct a stay that already happened. I also thing TA and most travel reviews are BS. People over exaggerate their "terrible" stay.

Customer care has been hit or miss. I was charged wrong and the hotel didn't respond, the customer care took about 4 months to get it resolved.

My favorite hotel communication was at a Hyatt, I got a text message about 10 minutes after I checked in and said "How is your room?" I liked it so I replied that it was good. The next day I got a text saying "We wanted to check in, How's your stay going? If there is anything we can do for you, please let us know". I felt like they were really involved and connected. They seemed to actually care and want to help if needed.