Old Mar 9, 19, 10:30 am
lwildernorva

Programs: Amex Plat, AA, BA Silver, WN, SPG Gold, Choice Platinum, HHonors Gold, IHG Spire, Club Carlson Gold
Originally Posted by enox5 View Post
I never check the bonus points packages at IHG as I assumed that they are not good value. Is this correct?
Maybe worth it if you're interested in earning Spire status, and at most of the hotels where I've stayed, buying a points package comes at a price cheaper than any other method of buying points. Given that points with no discount cost $13.50 per thousand, even at a 100% bonus, you're paying $6.75. I've found plenty of points packages where the rate works out to purchasing $4 per thousand above a nonrefundable rate (at some hotels, purchasing a 5000 point package isn't much more expensive than purchasing a 1000 point package). Given that points packages are based on a refundable rate, that the points are elite qualifying, and that the cost can be much lower than any other avenue for purchasing points, I think it can be worthwhile. As part of one of the goals I need to meet the terms of a promotion, such as the current Rewards Nights Faster, I'll definitely buy.