FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - A summers dream
Thread: A summers dream
View Single Post
Old Mar 9, 2019, 4:06 am
onobond
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/LTP, BA GGL/CCR/GfL, HH D/LTD, SPG/MR Plat/LTP
Originally Posted by hsmall
However the heresy of feminising sang makes you next in line for the stake as soon as the Acadèmie Française get to you. Being strapped for cash these days they will probably outsource the burning to the Sacred Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith

Totally off topic: when using ALT+ to insert foreign characters when posting here using Chrome, one seems to need to add a leading zero to the ANSI character; so ALT + 232 gives Þ whereas ALT + 0232 gives the required è. I did not know that and it caused me to spend extra time working it out, during which time I am told I had promised to empty the dishwasher.

Forgive me, Fathers of l'Académie Française , for I have sinned. I repent, and have started the self-flagellation to reveal my penitential mind

Back OT, it seems you spent valuable dishwasher emptying time on searching for means of adding a "required è". On their website it's certainly spelled with an é.

So, we'll meet in Purgatory, n'est ce pas?

Addendum: just before posting I found a more easy way of adding french letters with accents here

Edit: Sorry for not replying sooner, it's hard to type when busy with the whip. @orbitmic beat me to the comment on accents

Last edited by onobond; Mar 9, 2019 at 4:13 am Reason: excuses everywhere