FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ALL - Accor Live Limitless (to replace Le Club from 2020)
Old Mar 8, 2019, 9:15 pm
nickw_au

Programs: Accor Platinum
Although being skeptical, not liking being drip-fed bits, and thinking the logo and name of the revised program are a bit amateur, I'm feeling somewhat more comfortable with this now then I was at the first announcement. In general, by making the new tier based on spend this does give them some wriggle room to maintain the middle of the road program in the mid-range segment (which I'm generally quite happy with) while targeting some extra benefits in the luxury segment (which I can understand why they'd want to do this).

As a current platinum I'm not entirely convinced my benefits won't be diluted - be this through current properties that go above and beyond the expectations for platinum not doing this anymore or my perception that the APAC free breakfast is at risk here. If they do dilute benefits I'm sure they'll be appropriately flamed in loyalty circles for doing so, and in true Accor style, ignore it.

If they were listening, like so many others, my first want is a firm commitment to having a fully functioning booking system that doesn't deliver errors on every other search. This really needs to be accompanied by Accor HQ learning to listen ... I mean frustrated loyal customers have been giving free advice about what they need to fix for years, yet they seemingly ignore it and their executives go on lamenting the lower performance of direct bookings - you'd have to assume having never booked a stay with their own company themselves. A+ and even the local offices seem much better at this ... France not so much.

Other general misc things I'd like to see change, should Accor really be reading along as claimed earlier in the thread:
  • The booking system needs to stop trying to sell existing benefits as add on's. At the very least, it should acknowledge you are already entitled to a late checkout "subject to availability" before trying to sell it again. If they do insist on selling it, which really isn't cool, it should be at a deep discount to "guarantee your benefit".
  • The booking system should have a quick and easy to way to prioritise the upgrade / late checkout benefits rather than typing it in the 'message to hotel' box given they are all "subject to availability". I get it, the more room categories you are upgraded the lower the chances of being able to keep the room until 5pm. Sometimes though, I'd much rather stay until 5 pm rather than have an upgrade if it came down to one or the other ... and other times I'm leaving at 9am, so I'd much rather a room upgrade. A quick way to prioritise them at booking shouldn't be an excuse to just deliver one or the other, however.
  • Mama Shelter should earn points at the standard rate
  • No brands should be excluded from offering upgrades if they have different room types (looking at you, ibis). By all accounts, budget brands can be quite profitable for chains - there is no obvious reason the benefits should be budget also.
  • Upgrades should be confirmed 24 hours out
  • Consistent policies about check-in holds for status members. For the most part I don't get asked for holds anymore, just for a card on file which is fine, with reason being "as a gold/platinum member we just need a card on file not a hold" although every now and then a property wants a hold. While they aren't an issue, requesting it gives me the impression Accor can't track the fact I've never trashed a room or skipped off without paying the bill xor are too clueless to consider risk on a per customer level.
  • Agree with all the commentary that an upgrade to a suite for one night isn't well thought out
  • Want clarification sooner rather than later as to how all this integrates with Accor+
  • I wouldn't mind mobile keyless technology at this point. I've seen Mr CEO declare some time ago they would never use that, because it doesn't make guests 'Feel Welcome'. Since seemingly Accor isn't concerned about making us 'Feel Welcome' anymore now might be a good time to get it.... Need every spare second of my time to run off and 'live limitless' (whatever that means) after all... Seriously though, if I've stayed at the place more than once, i really don't see any benefit in stopping by the front desk .... or at least if its chaos in the foyer i can do it on my phone and move right along, which is probably more the scenario where I'd use it.
  • Cancelled bookings that are "non refundable" should generate a voucher for that property that is valid for 12 months rather than just being lost.
  • Family/friends points transfer
  • For bookings rates where payment is meant to be taken a day or two before arrival, the booking system needs a way to allow you to change the card closer to reservation or at least alert you if it fails and give you the option to put a new one in rather than properties just cancelling bookings when it fails.
For the new diamond:
  • Partner Platinum status
  • Some kind of temporary status voucher for friends family to give them platinum level benefits for a particular stay.
  • Some kind of lifetime Gold/Platinum
  • Make sale rates cancellable or points redemptions a thing on all rates including sale rates
  • Free global breakfast at most or all brands