FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What Will Alaska Airlines Be Serving in First Class on Your Flight? (2019)
Old Mar 8, 2019, 11:29 am
BenA

Programs: DL Diamond 1.7MM, Starlux Insighter, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC

Date: March 6
Route: MCO-SEA
Flight Number: AS 9
Departure time: 7:20 AM
Menu: Yes
Meal description (if given) Breakfast

Preordered the pulled pork bowl and quite enjoyed it. Decent food and beverage experience overall. For the first time ever, I experienced the mythical offer of a predeparture beverage on AS - coffee only, but better than a sharp poke in the eye. An offer of juice and/or a mimosa would definitely be a nice bonus on a flight this long.

The meal service dragged on weirdly long with the two courses - not a huge problem given the flight duration but it was starting to be noticeable by the time the main entree came out, and it was fully two hours after departure by the time everything was all said and done. I might choose the single tray option that was advertised on the menu card next time.

But overall the food was fabulous: the cinnamon apples were a perfect starter, and while the turmeric spiced smoothie had a curious flavor profile, I didn’t dislike it. I think my only request for the future would be to serve the sour cream in a ramekin on the side so it could be easily skipped for folks who didn’t want it on the dish

Compared to a year ago, AS’s catering is like a completely different airline. I’ve always been a harsh critic, derisively referring to AS F as “potsticker class” for years, but they’ve definitely turned over a new leaf and I like it. Still a long way to go in refinement of inflight service from the cabin crew and amenities provided (come on, folks, pillows for red eye flights!) but this is a great start.