FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - JW Marco Island Marriott, FL [Master Thread]
Old Mar 8, 2019, 11:06 am
Intl359Widget

Programs: DL 2 MM Unobtainum | UA 1.1MM Gold | MR Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by marlin
Are there any updates on this property?
Originally Posted by MarkP24
I had a wonderful experience at the JW Marriott Marco Island, and thought the hotel was great. While I was not given an upgrade, I would stay here again.
Originally Posted by marlin
MarkP24,
Can you elaborate on your stay? Status? Breakfast? Room?

We have a points stay coming up in two weeks and I am Platinum. Would love to try SIrene but doubt I would get that room? Can you use the Sirene pool?
All information appreciated!
We stayed at the JW Marriott Marco Island in November for Thanksgiving and booked 2 Gulf View Rooms. Upon check-in, we were informed that the resort was full and that our rooms were not available at the check-in time so we had to wait and to add insult to injury they offered to upgrade us into a Gulf View Room and we mentioned that's what we already booked so they were not able to upgrade us. We of course understood that it was Thanksgiving but they could not get us adjoining rooms for the entire family so that was a disappointment.

Platinum/Titanium Bonvoys are offered Points or Breakfast in the restaurant for 2 guests as stipulated for JW Resorts.

The stay in itself was pleasant other than the issues encountered at check in and they offer a modest discount off the Resort Fee for Platinum/Titanium Bonvoys.

Personally, I wouldn't return but my family loved it so much so we're returning for Thanksgiving 2019 which means I will need to follow up with the GM to ensure that we get adjoining rooms this time around.

You won't be allowed to use the Sirene Pool if you are not staying in the Sirene tower and from my understanding that's a separate inventory allocation from the regular pool of rooms.