FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - TK operations from "Istanbul Airport" aka Istanbul New Airport (ISL/IST)
Old Mar 8, 2019, 11:00 am
ISTFlyer
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by Dan72
Have a flight connecting through ISL next week: LGW-ISL-ADB. Looking forward to seeing the new airport. Have a few questions that I am hoping more experienced TK travellers might have the answer to:

- reading the above, it appears the TK domestic lunge at ISL is open. Will I have access with *G?
- do I need pick my bag up at iSL, or will I be able to clear customs at my final destination, ie ADB, following the domestic flight?

Many thanks.
- Yes, the domestic lounge is open. You would be able to access the lounge with your *G card. Just clear domestic security after arriving from your international flight and then follow the signs to gate G6-G7. You would see the elevators leading to the lounge. Be aware that there are no signs leading to the lounge inside the domestic departures area (airside).
- You would claim your bags at Izmir, but at the international terminal and clear customs there. ( Of course if both of your flights are on the same ticket ).

However, if you are returning from ADB to LGW via ISL in a later date, be aware that you won't be able to print your boarding pass at Izmir as UK is a destination that requires extra security. So you would need to exit the domestic terminal, head to check-in island K where dedicated Gatwick counters are located. They are opening 3 hours before the LGW flight. Both the transfer desks and the domestic-international transfer paths are closed at the moment. Also as TK contracts the IGA Lounge or gives meal vouchers for international flights ( not sure which one ) so ask for your lounge voucher while checking-in for your Gatwick flight. The contracted lounge may not accept access via only the boarding pass.