FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Athenee Hotel (formerly Plaza Athenee), Bangkok, Thailand [Master Thread]
Old Mar 8, 2019, 8:18 am
Ripley62

Programs: AA, Delta, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by GalaxyChris
What the focus to inflate the real value of your stay ?
​​​​​
actual price in Athenee doesn't match reality, changing hotel name and few renovation (lounge..) do not justify the new price tag. If you want better value try to LNF (and remove 100usd /night).

​​​​Using a certificate it's not my plan in Bkk, unless it's peak season.

​​​​​​
there aren’t a whole lot of option of Cat 4 Hotels that I’d want to spend 7 nights. The alternative is to take the cash out value of 45k points. So using this cert here actually cost me 45k Marriott points. I believe that before this week was almost enough for 4 nights at the ROS

I'm not sure how you can say I’m inflating the prices. Those are the prices plus tax and fees, the actually cost of the nights, directly from the Marriott reservation website.

It’s really not a fair comparison to use a prepay rate for a rewards or cert night, since those are fully flexible without penalty.

The infatuation might be the cost of room that would equal the minimum I’d get, without an upgrade, with my status. Using that makes it an apples to apples comparison. That would seem like a fair data point for comparison with other similar properties that are not in this specific rewards system.

Last edited by Ripley62; Mar 8, 2019 at 8:24 am