FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Ambassador and free weekend night voucher
Old Mar 7, 2019, 2:36 pm
ginmqi

Originally Posted by CanuckinKL
You should qualify for the 10% rebate when using points, resulting in a total cost of only 36,000 points. Not sure you'll find many IC's for 40K points. The math gets harder when you calculate the value of 40K points when you're booking 4 nights with the 4th night free. Keep in mind there are 2 different Chase IHG cards.
Originally Posted by CanuckinKL
Sorry forgot one more thing, the $200 spend on AMB, gets you 15.000 points, so factor that in as well.
Oh interesting, that's something I didn't take into account. Though I'm still waiting for my IHG Card to come in. I do have plenty of Chase UR pts I can transfer for the 40k. So trying to decide whether I should use cash or pts. I see a travel blog that said in 2018 he got an offer of 200USD that gave 15kpts and 10% additional pts rebate on reward nights. Right now when I click "Enroll" it only gives me option to pay the 200 USD with no mention of the 15k/10% offer...maybe it shows up afterwards? Also I don't have any pts yet in my IHG account so maybe that's why no pay via pts option is even showing up for me....