FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [ARCHIVE to 2020] Hilton Amex Aspire $250 Resort Credit
Old Mar 7, 2019, 1:23 pm
sdsearch
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Eujeanie
So would the extra free night be another freebie? And you'd get a third then if you charged $60K in a year?

I'd like a $250 incidentals credit that did not necessarily have to be used at a resort on their list, just any Hilton property. Would encourage me to spend more at any given hotel.
An "extra" free night would mean an extra weekend free night most likely (since that's how the current cert is restricted). But did they mention that restriction (or any other restrictions) in the survey? Other hotel programs don't tend to limit the free night to a day of the week, but instead cap the free night to a certain number of points required for a points stay at that property on that date.

Another thing they could consider is a spread-out credit which would only reimburse if you used Hilton consistently: A $20 credit for any HH stay each month would add up to $240, but only if you stayed (with at least $20 paid) at HH each calendar month of the year. I mention this option since Amex already has something similar on the their Gold card, a $10 credit for using certain restaurants or restaurant delivery/pickup services each month, which adds up to $120 a year but only if you use it every month.