FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Deflategate; new executive pods deflating in-flight
Old Mar 7, 2019, 10:46 am
ridefar

Programs: AC SE 1MM, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by YVRtoYYZ
Two things:

1) For AC34 YVR-YYZ, I got moved to a different seat (yay) but they put some poor sod in the deflated 11A instead (not cool) .

2) I spent the latter half of AC34 SYD-YVR bantering back-and-forth about compensation for the deflated seat with Customer Care. Out of that conversation came this:

Hello Mr. YVRtoYYZ
​​​

I was in contact with Inflight about these seat inflation issues on our 787 and 777 fleet and they sent me the following information;

Super Diamond Seat Cushion Leak
Update
The cushions leaking on the Super Diamond seats on the B787 and B777 has been a known issue for some time now. A solution for this issue was expected from the cushion manufacturer in December 2018, but due to some certification issues, the availability of the solution has been delayed to April 2019.

​​​
And for those of you who defend AC's lack of presence here after they took their ball and went home (blaming some, like me, who didn't see any value in their marketing bs disguised as engagement, rather than their actual well, lack of engagement, but I digress)... I ask you this: a) how much has AC lost on this issue due to lack of confidence, people booking other airlines, and compensation awards? And b), how much would it have cost them to actually post that update here, and how many people might not have booked elsewhere, or aggressively sought compensation as a result of some actual communication? Because if a > b they are idiots. And I guarantee that a > b. It is beyond embarrassing that this airline has not sent out (proactively) an update to each and every customer that has been impacted by this issue.