FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Going through immigration to check into hotel for layover, do I have to re-check in?
Old Mar 7, 2019, 10:39 am
Fugglesmcgee

Going through immigration to check into hotel for layover, do I have to re-check in?

My fiance has a 10 hour layover in Bangkok (BKK), she insisted that she didn't need a hotel - but the morning of the flight she didn't get much sleep. I decided to pay for a hotel during her layover. I thought the hotel was on the transit side of the airport, but turns out the hotel is in the lower level of the airport and she had to go through immigration to get there. The airport staff explained that she could go through immigration to get to the hotel, but when she comes back, she would have to pay about $25 before boarding her next flight. That sounds odd to me, but she does speak Thai and it wasn't as if the person who told her asked for the money, so it's probably true. She already has the boarding pass for her next flight for Singapore at 8am, would she need to recheck in with Thai Airways before going through immigration again, or can she go straight to immigration?