FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Elite Plus upgrade voucher
View Single Post
Old Mar 7, 2019, 6:56 am
jay49

Programs: Turkish Air
Originally Posted by dabee69
I always check both - married and individual segments for J class availability. It has always worked me if both are available. My experience shows it has nothing to do with I class availability.

I have been able to waitlist upgrade for vouchers. It was a business trip I was willing to upgrade for vouchers. I'd fly anyway which is different from your situation. Outbound 2 flight connection cleared the day after, inbound LAX-IST never cleared and it was even overbooked in C.
What is a "married segment" and how do you tell?

Originally Posted by PVDtoDEL
I was able to upgrade a ticket yesterday without issues, although it took 2 calls because the first agent wanted 4 vouchers for my itinerary. The upgrade cleared into J class. With the new system, the fare class on my ticket did not update to J, although the reservation did update.
How did you get scammed out of 4 vouchers for one trip?

Originally Posted by max_kolesne
So, you couldn’t figure out something and therefore this must be a scam?.
Originally Posted by Jaenks
When you or your assistant are not capable to do something, it does not mean it is a scam or a lie(too strong words). Just read the Wiki and do as written or call first and ask availability to purchase in J booking class although you would not do purchase the ticket but will find the availability.
It has nothing to do with not being capable of "figuring it out" it has to do with the company purposefully denying the information necessary to "figure it out". That's extremely scammy and dishonest behavior and it is clearly designed to prevent people from using their vouchers before they expire (they're only good for a year). It's also designed to cause people to buy tickets they don't want. If they said "You need to check if there is J class and then call us back and hope the availability is still there" that's totally different than "we will only help you if you already have a ticket number and we won't give you any other information about it" (three separate people told us that). I can see you're a bit slow.

Last edited by jay49; Mar 7, 2019 at 7:09 am