FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - CX Possible Acquisition - HK Express
View Single Post
Old Mar 6, 2019, 8:44 pm
Jackolee

Programs: CX Diamond, United MileagePlus Gold, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by helvetic
Personally, I've never had a bad experience on KA in either Y or J. Honestly, I think it's the best economy in the world: I'll get a guaranteed personal hello from the purser with water bottle before takeoff, and more often than not I'll have a blocked off economy seat next to me. They really know how to take care of partner elites — and I'm not even using their own program!
That's the reason!
I have been a MPO GO for 10+ years and observe the declining KA service (to me) over the past few years. Everything is about relativeness.
Also, perhaps they care about AA elites more than loyal CX members - I admit I have sour grapes everytime I have to travel on KA now. I am usually ignored in Y, and nothing more than other ordinary passengers in J on KA flights especially on short-hauls (e.g. KL, Hanoi, cities in China). Better for flights to Calcutta but the regional KA J seat is not a desirable one for me... even without the entertainment system on a 4.5-hour flight.
That's why I don't mind a UO-alike service for those short-haul if the fares are also UO-alike. As I mentioned, I hope they will develop some options on the flight for passengers to choose if this is the case, e.g. point-accountable for Y fare but not for basic fares, etc. For longer-haul regional services, I hope KA will improve the J seats to keep competitiveness.

Last edited by Jackolee; Mar 6, 2019 at 8:50 pm