FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New First offering, from 31 March 2019 [general discussion]
Old Mar 6, 2019, 12:02 pm
Nicoolio
Suspended

Originally Posted by Cap'n Benj

As the meal service normally takes at least an hour or so and with the ability to eat when you want, it shouldn’t really be a huge issue in F.

Without trying to bash BA, what do other carriers offer on this front?

I’ve only been on LX and LH in F other than BA and can’t rememebr there being any dedicated ‘snacks’ as such but didn’t go looking either.
QR and QF definitely have mid-flight light meals available, even in business class, and last time I flew EY they did too. AA definitely does - even in business class they put out a spread with sandwiches and appetizer type things between meals - even JFK-LHR. Also, I think most airlines are dine on demand in First Class. I don't like chocolates and chips but if I was hungry might want a sandwich or something.

On LH and LX not sure - but they seem to cater more than BA. I've been on flights where they offer a second main course or seconds from the appetizer and caviar carts. Most of the time I eat in the lounge and just sleep during the flight or do some work. I flew BA first in December and obviously didn't notice, but just assumed they must have some sandwiches. Is Club Kitchen totally gone then? I thought they still had it on longer flights.