FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - China and Japan on TG/JL/QF Y, CX J
View Single Post
Old Mar 6, 2019, 4:38 am
antebellum

Programs: A3 Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Amex Platinum
Day 5-6 (Osaka to Kawaguchiko)

We had a short day in Osaka, and still managed to squeeze in as much as possible. First stop, Dotonburi, where most of the store were not open yet:

We must been here at the wrong time. Definitely will return next time to see how'd that go.

I remembered my hotel had takoyaki in the breakfast buffet, it was okay, had a few. Now found the real one on the street, delicious! I don't like the sweet sauce though (that basically tastes like tomato-based Aussie BBQ sauce), and told the staff to forgo it.

We then headed back to hotel to pick up our bags, and catch Shinkansen to mishima in order to transfer to our bus. Just a simple lunch bought from the platform stalls, pork cutlet sandwich with can of latte. Quite good, better than some airline meal.

See the highlight here?

The views of Mt. Fuji was quite good, unfortunately, it wasn't the case the next day:

Our transfer stop, Mishima. It's only around 30 minutes transfer from Shinkansen to bus, but still sufficient enough. Bought a few snacks from Lawson opposite the station.

After two-hour bus ride, we arrived at Kawaguchiko which were dark already. Called hotel shuttle, checked in, and found something to eat. Hoto noodle with Tempura set. Not fancy at all, but this is comfortable to eat in this cold weather. Later found out that Hoto noodle is actually local to this region.

Unlike any other hotel we've stayed, they have three slots of breakfast time (7:30, 8 and 8:30), you'll have to choose from one of the slots, and the staff will have them ready in a set by the time you arrive. It's traditional Japanese style, although all things I've tried were pretty good.

Unfortunately, the weather were not good at all, with zero views of Mt. Fuji and periodic snow, we opted for a walk around the town, nice and relax.

This photo were taken later in the day. Still bad. Its nice and relaxing though, when the hotels have the hot public bath with lakeview.

The walk was around 5km or so. Time for lunch. Volcano (Mt. Fuji?!) shaped tempura prawn with flavoured rice. The prawns must the biggest I've seen before, and the rice portions were huge, can't finish them at all.

Because today was sort of half-off day, not much photos. Before we're off to Tokyo, amazing Mt. Fuji views, especially during sunrise.

After the breakfast similar to yesterday (also good), we hopped on the bus to Tokyo. The trip so far was good and inspiring, but the short time periods restricted a lot of activities. Next time, I'd say stay for two weeks in Japan would be much better. Still remembered the Mt. Fuji view from our hotel very much.