FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New [Plusgrade] upgrade system and SK ditches OT [2016-2022]
Old Mar 6, 2019, 2:36 am
pobbop

Programs: SK*G
Hi,

I am looking to upgrade ARN-ORD Plus (S) to Business with EB on both out and inbound. Is it possible to get a confirmed upgrade without using PG?

Going back a few years, we used to be able to book a guaranteed upgrade with EB points. I have tried a few times with PG but never succeeded, not sure due to the bid or the availability. On one occasion I bid ~30k, it was denied and then asked to upgrade in the lounge before the flight and it cost 35,000 points, so there was space.

I am wondering if a Star Alliance upgrade on SAS using EB points will work since if there is award space it should be confirmed there and then. Looks like it costs 35,000, which is probably more than the necessary bid, but I'd rather use more points and be sure than waiting for the next opportunity to use the points I've accrued. FYI, Lufthansa M&M is better in this regard as an instant Premium Eco to Business upgrade costs between 20K or 30K depending on fare class, but of course the availability seems to be much more limited...

Thanks!