FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Saphir (wheelchair) service NTE/CDG/AGP/CDG/NTE
Old Mar 5, 2019, 8:15 pm
carnarvon

Programs: FB Plat for Life, UAMP, BAEC, Accor ALL Platinum, Marriott silver, Hilton, Meliá silver.
Thank you.

I had this in mind about the shorter stay in the lounge because of first to embark and last to disembark.

She will be able to walk a few meters though, so for disembarking in CDG, I was wondering if we could simply not exit normally and catch the wheelchair in the jetway (I vaguely recall wheelchairs waiting next to the door in the jetway till all pax have disembarked).

My idea would be to exit first and call my partner from the bridge to confirm the presence of the chair. Off we'd go to the lounge without waiting for everyone to disembark.

Regarding embarking at CDG, am not too sure about how to leave as late as possible. If she is fit enough, I might simply forego the wheelchair as the distance is quite short.

UIpdate : I have spoken with Plat line and they can take care of it (no need to call Saphir). She told me we can request drop off and pick up at the plane door if there is no need for ferrying her till / from her seat. Am pleased to have chosen AF; can you imagine having to deal with Volotea or Vueling general line.

Last edited by carnarvon; Mar 6, 2019 at 3:01 am