FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New here. Few questions about Europe travel?
Old Mar 5, 2019, 7:34 pm
carsearch1982

I will try to do a bullet point of what I want/dont want. My budget and overall experience. Maybe that will help. I'm traveling by myself and have basically no set plan (besides the 1 week of landing there) and will only be packing 1 carry on (osprey 40 backpack ) so that I don't pay checked bags and have to lug around a lot of things.

*Want to see the most cities/countries even if for a day or two. Biggest "BANG FOR MY BUCK" I prefer a city that might cost a little more but where theres a lot of things to do and a great experience, rather then just the city is cheaper but nothing to do or transportation is expensive or non existant.

*prefer not staying in a hostel (searching airbnbs I find i can get a private place close to the same price as a hostel )

*My biggest pro I guess I would say is that I'm flexible I can stay a little longer on certain trips or even extend the whole european trip a few days/ a week out. I have no set timeframe (besides making it work budget wise)

* I prefer to see a lot of free/cheap things (museums, natural landmarks, oceans, beaches, mountains, ) but at the same time I want to hit a "few" tourist/known type of places. London eye, skygarden ( I know its free but to make reservations ahead of time) Eifel tower (even just to see it) PLUS treat myself to a small amount of really good meals.

* I budget really well and don't see myself spending that much (probably less then average traveler) on souviners, shopping, things like that.

Overall I want to see and go to as many countries as I can (I'm probably trying to narrow it down now to paris, london, lisbon, madrid, maybe rome, budapest, and prague) I'm willing to stay longer to visit all those places if possible, or even just taking day trips to some of these locations.

So basically DONT WANT TO SPEND MORE THAN 3,000-3,500 ON THE TRIP. Don't want to miss out on seeing a lot of these places.. Don't want to get stuck in just 1 region of Europe, and don't want to stay in hostels a majority of the time. Don't want to live on a tight cup of ramen noodle every day budget for the whole trip. But at the same time will not be spending money on things besides airbnbs, good food, and "memories" or experiences ( at a reasonable price or what I would call VALUE DEALS)

Besides that I'm pretty much open. Oh and I would prefer to do train traveling but with taking a few of these cheaper plane flights it doesnt seem like eurail 7 or 10 day global pass will be worth it for me? Any other cheap train traveling you can suggest over eurail pass?

Last edited by carsearch1982; Mar 5, 2019 at 7:45 pm Reason: MISSED A SENTENCE