FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Globalist Concierge Advice
View Single Post
Old Mar 5, 19, 6:28 pm
VegasGambler

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist View Post
My Hyatt Concierge (and my previous Private Line Agent) most certainly have arranged airport transfers (car service) through the hotel where I'll be staying. IMO they should also serve as the go between for the local hotel concierge to make restaurant reservations and similar requests. They should do more for us than confirm TSU requests.
I just applied TSUs to two upcoming stays. I did it on the phone (globalist line) and it took 5 minutes, with no hold time.

I'm not sure I understand what I'm supposed to be using the concierge for. I got assigned Michelle who is supposed to be really good, but I don't understand how adding another layer of communication between me and the hotel is supposed to make my life easier.

Re: car service... I don't get it. I often get offers from the hotel to arrange a car service. They are always ridiculously expensive (like, 3-4x a cab). And it's just a regular car -- not a limo or anything, with no service beyond what a cab provides. I'm not sure why I'd pay a few extra hundred dollars for one of these rather than just hop in a cab?