Old Mar 5, 19, 1:35 pm
sdsearch
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by shmom View Post
I'm sure this has been discussed. I just called and upgraded my Ascend to the Aspire. She said it takes weeks in order to show that I am now a Diamond vs. my current gold status. What is everyone's experience with this? We are going to London in a month and I would love to have Diamond status. BTW I got the 150,000 bonus miles deal even though it was no where to be found on my account page and I never received an email.
What she said is worst case.

There are a few steps necessary.

First, your account online has to show Aspire, not Ascend, and show your Aspire benefits. (Don't start doing your minimum spend before your online account shows Aspire; spend done before that doesn't count towards the minimum spend per Amex.) That can take a few days (and the word Aspire may show first, and then the benefits might update only later).

Then they have to send the info to HH and that may take a few days. But most likely you will be showing as Diamond on HH within the next week, maybe two.

So I don't see any reason to be concerned if your first need of Diamond won't be for a month.