FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Regency Waikiki Beach Resort and Spa REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Mar 5, 2019, 1:22 pm
steve64

Programs: DL-Platinum / AS-PlatPro / Hyatt - Glob / Hilton-Diamond
Originally Posted by HIFlya
I am curious, was your view at least partial ocean? I am just asking because you seemed to have been assigned a pretty high floor as well. I was just thinking that although they could have assigned you to the Diamond Head Tower, it might have been possible they did not have any in the DH Tower that were high floor with at least a partial ocean view. That would have limited the inventory available to you when you checked in. Not saying you don't have a reason to be suspicious or anything, just wondering if that might have been a reason they didn't assign you to DH tower.
It was a city view, looking straight down to the street entrance (where the protesters were) of the Sheraton. If we were to say that "12 o'clock" is standing on a balcony of an ocean front room, looking out to the ocean ... then I was at 4:30.
Thinking only of the angle/direction of the room's balcony, you could not have given me a more direct "hit" of the action. Ditto when thinking of "across the ground" distance.
Given the height of the room, I was surprised how loud the noise was. I can only guess that acoustics/echos had a lot to do with it, perhaps noise bouncing off the Sheraton.