FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - IC Asiana Saigon / Ho Chi Minh City Master Thread
Old Mar 4, 2019, 8:16 pm
ginmqi

Originally Posted by MikeFromTokyo

Yes, it is absolutely worth it.

Re club/breakfast, that depends on the property. It is not necessarily included unless booking a club room, but at some properties it is in practice.

I would advise you to get Ambassador status. You can then do the math to see what makes most sense. You could, for example, redeem one or two nights as pure award nights, and then pay “your rate” or prepaid rate for the other nights. If you do not book club, you would be able to pay a reasonable amount to upsell upon arrival. Or, consult a TA for the IHG preferred partner option, on top of your Ambassador status.
Another quick question/update.

I'm seeing a great promo from IHG where a club room is free for the 3rd night "Extend a Night on Us." I see using this promo link, it shows a special discount rate of 180/night. Assuming this gets me club lounge access aka free breakfast?

But I also see something called " Club InterContinental Rate" and it explicitly states "Free Breakfast" at 290/night and total is much more expensive.

I assume if I book the promote rate, I should get the Club level room and lounge/breakfast access?

I've not been in many IC hotels, but other properties would have a club level lounge with breakfast foods BUT sometimes there is also a main restaurant in lobby/dining area with better breakfast foods/buffet. Not sure if IC Saigon is situated like so. Would a club room automatically give access to the "better" breakfast downstairs? (if such a thing exists?)

Screenshot for reference: