FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Travel Package General Discussion Thread
View Single Post
Old Mar 4, 2019, 5:13 pm
ChrisJC5

Programs: Marriott Platinum; United Premier Silver
Originally Posted by bluestrudels
I believe Happy's advice comes from a place that meant no malice. But any elites here that has been staying with Marriott should be aware of this merger mess, the ultimate rule of thumb is NEVER modify your reservations once they are applied with e-certs on them, especially so when you have very complicated processes of these travel packages conversions (compounded with inferior IT) and constant CAT changes that has taken place in the past few months.

Sometimes, I feel bad for the reps, even if they are the ones on the plat line, not all Plat reps are legacy Marriott Reps that are very knowledgeable with 5/7 night travel packages conversation, let alone a legacy SPG rep providing you accurate information.
It is clear that Marriott rather blow their budget with marketing over glitzy commercials during the Oscar prime time than spend money to adequately train their employees.

Having said all that, your outcome would have been better when you did your homework or even read some blogger's experience before you adjusted your reservations and made flight arrangements before checking for your reservation confirmation. I ALWAYS ask for an email confirmation in writing, and then verify, before any rep hangs up on me and tell me it's all set. I'd rather spend another 10 minutes to check my reservations than have a mistake that would require me another 3 hours to rectify.

Your best bet now would probably send an email to the executive office and pray they entertain you, or you'll probably be better off booking another property in NYC and use your 5 nights cert elsewhere for later.
I can't read anyone's intent here but I can read what they write. Sounds utterly snarky regardless of intent. I've learned my lessons with Marriott and with seeking advice here in this forum. I want to thank everyone for the advice and guidance I received here, putting aside the snark.