FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Day trip from Tokyo to see Mt Fuji in Mid April ( Hakone or Lake Kawaguchiko)
Old Mar 4, 2019, 12:07 pm
Reindeerflame

Originally Posted by evergrn
Photos of Mt.Fuji or other mountains from the train? And which train... Chuo line (eg, Azusa/Kaiji) or Fujikyu line (Otsuki-Kawaguchiko)?
It's been a long time since I've ridden Fujikyu, so I can't remember what the views are like from that train. But the best view of mountains from Chuo line would be points west of Kofu... you get some fabulous looks at Southern Alps to the south, Yatsugatake to the north. You do also get views of Mt.Fuji from Chuo line as it travels through Kofu bonchi, although you only see the upper part of the mountain with other hills in the foreground. By far, the most dramatic view of Mt.Fuji from a train that I know is the one from the Tokaido bullet train as it travels through eastern Shizuoka.
Great views from the Fuji Kiyuko train line upon approach to the Mt. Fuji area. Much closer than the views from the Shinkansen, and easier to take photos as train is slower moving. Japanese Alps were in view from the top of the ropeway in Kawaguchiko, with lighting better as they are toward the west, away from the sun.

Last edited by Reindeerflame; Mar 5, 2019 at 1:11 pm