FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA Airbus A321 vs. Delta Boeing 737 from JFK to SFO in coach
Old Mar 4, 2019, 5:51 am
PHL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, DL SLV, UA SLV, MR LTT, HH DIA
Originally Posted by catcher6
I was a little concerned, because the AA flight isn't until October, and it looked like most of the window/aisle seats in the same row are taken. We were able to request two seats (window and aisle) in row 19, which is almost at the back of the plane. It makes me wonder if this is a popular flight, with more chances of being oversold. According to Seat Guru, the Delta Boeing 737 didn't have back seat entertainment and power, if I'm reading it correctly.
If you're looking at the aa.com seat map, it's not likely full at this point, but they are only showing you seats available to you on your fare. Row 19 is 4th from the rear. If you settle on AA and are ticketed accordingly, you could call them and ask about moving to row 11-16 (Main Cabin Extra) to see what the upcharge would be. Row 11 with the even added space due to exit row, would be the best, but 12-16 are also fine.

Your OP mentions the Delta 757, and your response mentions the 737... I'm pretty sure their JFK-SFO service is a 757, and it's likely the one designated for transcontinental service (with the premium first class lie flat seats), so it will most definitely also have seat back entertainment throughout.