FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - A couple questions on Moorea, Bora Bora, and Tahiti
Old Mar 4, 2019, 2:21 am
CPMaverick

Programs: VA-PLT, QF-GLD, DL-GM, UA-ex1K, AA-exPLT, HH-DM, IHG-PLT, MR-GLD
Originally Posted by Steph58
I am Spire Ambassador but am not expecting an upgrade to an OWB with only 1 paid night out of 6 in Moorea. Don't know if 1 more paid night might help. Need to do more research on the room types; when I booked the BOGO only the lowest category showed up. Normally I spend months researching, but when I saw that super low fare I knew I didn't have time to "ponder"!
For a paid night you should get a guaranteed upgrade as a Spire AMB, and the only upgrade from the standard room booking is a bungalow. So luckily, you should get a bungalow although it may not be OW. Are your paid nights first? If so maybe they will let you keep the bungalow. I was in that situation 3 years ago and they let me stay in my OW bungalow with award nights in a std room (although I paid for a bungalow for the first two nights and so was guaranteed an upgrade to OW for those nights, they let me remain).

The property was very good to me as a Plat AMB. You can email them if you want to see about a guaranteed OW bungalow paid upgrade on your award nights. [email protected]