FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Airbus A319/20/21N Reconfiguration/Retirements Tracking Thread
Old Mar 4, 2019, 2:12 am
brettsir

Programs: AS, AA, BA, SQ
Originally Posted by isaac.chambers
Generally legacy VX painted birds were in for heavy maintenance. I generally feel most AS painted airbuses now going in will be for cabin mods and maintenance. The problem is VX deferred everything once the merger was announced so the airbuses are in for some TLC in general (cant come too soon as i flew N633VA this week....the cabins are very worn and needing some refurbishment).

RIP pineapple express...so many great flights together.....

once "an airplane named desire" goes in for paint....ill just be inconsolable! LOL! ;-)
N628VA went in as a VX painted bird, left with the new configuration, and stopped at VCV on the way back for a new coat of paint. I believe it is being done with HMV, but can't tell yet based off of the three examples we've seen. If I were to guess, I'd say the 321's would be the first to get the mods (increased seat count), then the N6XXVA birds going into maintenance, the N8 & 2 & 3XXVA ones, and finally the 319's. The different cabin configs might impact this (146pax vs 149pax), but it makes sense to do it fleet type at a time and start with the ones which will increase in seat count significantly.