FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [JAL NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free)
Old Mar 3, 2019, 7:24 pm
Happy
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Buying domestic ticket can only be done on the Japan site?

At first I logged in the US site but then found out it only offered America - there is no option for anything else.

Going to the Japan site it would not allow me to log in. This means I would need to manually enter the passenger info (which seems a lot more is required, including the age and gender that you dont need when buying tickets from US and EU carriers.)

I also dont know the fare shown is tax included or not - because JL site quoted a 10080 JPY, which Google quoted a USD equivalent of $91 that matched with the current Yen 111 to $1 exchange rate. However on Chase Ultimate Reward portal that is run by Expedia, the identical flight is displayed as

Flight $98.00
Taxes & Fees $11.26
For a total of $109.26.

I did go thru JL booking to the screen where you input passenger details, and did not see any mentioning of extra charge.

Though I ended up booking an Avios redemption to travel a day later at 7500 Avios + $3.xx taxes, I am curious to learn the mechanism booking Japan domestic flights as well as whether the price we see is the final price without any add-on.