FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Flying on separate OW tickets and missing connecting flight
Old Mar 3, 2019, 9:45 am
Globaliser
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by Reissuruuna
I'm flying today MAD LHR and LHR HEL with separate tickets (BA / AY). I have three hours connection at LHR but now the the flight from MAD to LHR is delayd for two hours and one hour connection at LHR from T5 to T3 is very tight.
Originally Posted by Reissuruuna
BA CS told me not to be worried about connection. If I'm missing the flight they will reroute even I have separate tickets. I'm OWE if this may help. Fingers crossed.
Originally Posted by orbitmic
i think they talked nonsense to be honest. And your status does not make a difference though might put you higher up the list for a goodwill gesture but certainly no guarantee. The official situation is that if you miss your lhr-hel you are just losing your ticket and will need to buy a brand new one if you want the next flight. Anything beyond that will be a bonus.
I'm not sure that this is a BA --> AY connection, anyway. The only delayed MAD-LHR flight today appears to be IB3172, scheduled 1450-1620, ATD 1706, ETA 1758.

Those scheduled times would be consistent with the OP's description of "connecting" to an AY flight to HEL, as AY1342 is scheduled to depart LHR at 1925 (ie 3:05 after IB3172's scheduled arrival at LHR).

At any rate, with an ETA of 1758 and a STD of 1925, the OP still has a decent chance of making it to the onward flight, if the weather does not prove to be disruptive.