FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Swiss cancelled my flight.. and is refusing to compensate me
Old Mar 3, 2019, 7:55 am
Fabo.sk

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Originally Posted by mywaterbroke
Not exactly accurate. My original itinerary included the stopover. I had meetings in ZRH. Swiss are the ones who decided to do without the stopover in my original booking and rebook me directly to LON, without even asking. I then had to spend time and money on calls to get myself rebooked onto a flight to ZRH and all this happened before my original cancelled flight was scheduled to take off. As expected all flights on the day I was meant to fly were full (or so I was told) and they could only offer the LH option the following day via FRA after a lot of looking around (which I didn’t even take in the end because they then decided to put me back on LX AFTER I CHECKED IN with LH, claiming that LH was overbooked and LX suddenly had seats). My final destination remained LON and I arrived in both ZRH and LON a day late. As per EU261, I am entitled to compensation which I also eventually got. But I had to almost go to court for it and that says all about their customer service
If you have a proper stopover, then the destination would have been Zurich, but if you only had a long transfer, then it would have been London.