FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Events in Rome in June 2019?
View Single Post
Old Mar 3, 2019, 1:38 am
poohhead80

Programs: UA Premier Platinum, Skyteam Elite Plus (KE Morning Calm Premium)
https://www.domusaustralia.org/

June 22-30 Sold out
June 17-21 Price doubled

This places has been recommended by another flyertalk member four years ago. This place fits my need - 1) I will take an airport bus to Termini, 2) my one day group tour to PomPeii starts/ends near, 3) I need to take a train to Bari. Any recommendations for similar places?

We just returned from Italy and spent two nights in Rome. We searched for a nice, quiet, and centrally-located place. We stayed at the Domus Australia, a guest house, that is about a ten minute walk from the Termini in a quiet neighborhood. The guest house welcomes people of all nationalities and faiths.

We paid less than 90 Euros per night for a large room with a king-size bed (could be converted to twins), a convertible sofa bed, a mini-fridge, coffee/tea maker, and a large television with international channels. The bathroom was quite large with a spacious shower. WiFi was free and available in the room and throughout the facility.

Breakfast was included in our room rate and was served buffet style. Smoked salmon, sliced turkey, eggs, cheese, patries, cereal, yogurt, breakfast meats, gourmet coffee, juice, and even Vegemite were available.

The staff members were polite, helpful, and efficient. All of them spoke English and all signs were in English and Italian.

There is even a chapel available and a roof top terrace. The outdoor areas were nice with comfortable seating.