Old Mar 2, 19, 8:24 pm
txp

Programs: Former CO OnePass, UA, AA, DL, Starwood & other hotel chains
Originally Posted by saunders111 View Post
Hi all,
I purchased an AAnytime award in first from LIH-BOS. AA changed the itinerary, for reasons unstated, to a different schedule, at quite inconvenient times. I am trying to reschedule to times that work better for me. What are the restrictions here? As an AAnytime award, does any particular fare class need to be available, or just any first class seat? Also, can AA codeshares on Hawaiian be used as part of the rescheduled itinerary?

Thanks very much for any help you can offer,
saunders111
This happened to me on a few months ago UA. Because the schedule change was substantial, I was able to convince them to move me to the flight of my choice even when no seats were available in the award fare bucket. As long as there was at least one seat available on the flight, in any fare bucket (paid or award), they were willing to accommodate me.

I suggest you call AA and explain, very politely, that the new flight schedule causes significant inconvenience, and then ask respectfully if they could accommodate you on another flight. I say your chances are better than 50%.