FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New Business class service - from July 2018 - Experiences and Discussion
Old Mar 2, 2019, 10:08 am
Christian2011

Programs: CX-Gold ; LH Miles & More
service from and to Frankfurt (CX288 and CX289) February 2019

I had the new service in October 2018 (see post 164) and now again. After the current flights I wish to have the "old" style of service back.

On both flights FRA to HKG and HKG to FRA the crew was overworked although the service is already reduced again.
"Reduced again" means that compared to October last year no different starters were available - only one starter which was served from the trolley. For me it is o.k..
However, there was no further drink service while they served the starter and the main which was really disappointing.
I only had "my" ginger ale I ordered in the beginning with the meals served together with the warm nuts. Furthermore, I ordered in both flights without ice ... got both times with ice.
Also the breakfast was reduced again. I ordered the express breakfast, last time they served this together with some fruits and also offered jam / honey which they did not this time.

Sorry to say but this service was not business class like. It takes still too long, the crews has no time for beeing polite or attentive like they were in the past respectively still are on short-haul flights.

drink with the warm nuts after take off

starter (Sichuanese spicy chicken) - taste of the chicken was good, the "bun" was dry and not tasty (I still miss the garlic bread)

main (Tagliarini with truffle sauce) - taste was boring

the big dessert (Chocolate mousse with Valhrona perl)

express breakfast (nothing else offered - no jam, no honey, just this tray and thats it)

Last edited by Christian2011; Mar 2, 2019 at 10:11 am Reason: wording