FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New First Class
Thread: New First Class
View Single Post
Old Mar 2, 2019, 4:34 am
icegirl
Suspended

Programs: Regarded as total and utter snob amongst the BAEC community.
Well that’s all fine if your all saying you are content with the current offering and system. BUT if you want say ‘champions league’ products and services then you will need to compromise and pay for it.

I can’t see why you are all coming down on me for this as I you read the OP’s opening post, he/she has quite clearly outlined the changes are coming from BA which I support in this matter.

I was sitting next to a senior chappie in BA at a City lunch and he mentioned that BA would be rolling out a new First offering and would only have 8 seats or suites.... I see Willie Walsh has just confirmed this message with the IAG results so feel I should reveal the other information I was told. Apparently the only way to get seat in the new First will be to buy a ticket. No points redemption flights, no rewards for spending too much on your credit cards and no Airmiles upgrades.
If I go back to an earlier most I made it all depends on your definition of "low rollers"? The proposed solution is to buy a cash ticket, now based on the above quote that doesn't include the mention sale or ex-EU fares if they are exempt, so there is not to say you may still pick up a bargain here or there. If they restrict the upcoming new first to routes such a JFK, LAX, SIN, SYD etc I am sure there is no shortage of spenders. It will also depend on the success of the upcoming new Club World seat and if it will suffice to the needs to premium spenders.