View Single Post
Old Mar 2, 19, 1:02 am
ryan182

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K (until it expires then never again), *wood Plat, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by QueenOfCoach View Post
Personally I like to be at the gate well in advance of the boarding time.

No comfy lounge seat makes up for the stress of worrying about missing my flight.

And, yes, they do board and depart early. Yay. I'd rather get to my destination a bit early than wait for some lounge lizard to saunter in at the last minute.
Cool story bro. Your preference is complete irrelevant to the fact that AA has a stated contract about when we have to be at the gate, I just gave it a gander in case I had missed something and it turns out your feelings on the subject were not in said contract. Also this isn't a ride over to your friends house, even if you are able to push early (which you often won't) that in now way means you will actually be wheels up early (which again, you often will not) and even if you are there's a better than average chance you will have to wait to get a gate upon arrival so you're not getting to your destination early. This is 100% poor management pushing bad metrics and agents who have the wrong incentives which results in a poor customer experience. In unrelated news, AA would like you to vote for them in the Freddies oh and please sign up for a credit card.