FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott's Customer Service : General Discussion Thread
Old Mar 1, 2019, 5:38 pm
margarita girl
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by demkr
I was just treated very rudely by Titanium support. They don't even let you finish speaking before they start their shpeel.

Before this merger, if I made a mistake while booking I would be able to call CS and have them make a change no questions asked, regardless of the type of reservation it was.

I booked a non-refundable reservation today and accidentally chose the wrong room type before booking. In fact, I wanted to upgrade the room type. I call in explaining the situation. The first comment I get from the CS agent is in a very angry tone. "YOU ARE NOT GOING TO MAKE ME CANCEL THIS RESERVATION." I was flabbergasted by the anger. I said "Excuse me, I don't think I heard you correctly?" She said "oh, I'm just reading the rules of your reservation. I don't make the rules, I just read them." Refused to even touch it.

Are they really this strict now? Are things really this bad over there that they are openly rude and obnoxious to their callers? I wasn't asking her to cancel the reservation, I was asking her if I could possibly upgrade the room type after making an error. I couldn't even get that much out until she started reading the rules to me monotone.

Is it worth calling in again and getting a more friendly agent, or am I going to be out of luck?
I think for that kind of change, you should be calling the hotel anyhow. Good luck.