FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Oneworld: UL: DXB-CGK in J, $800 R/T
View Single Post
Old Mar 1, 2019, 6:50 am
msm2000uk
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by IAN-UK
T2 is something of an uncrowded joy to use these days. Arriving, I get waves of nostalgia for it's quite unique welcome back to indonesia feel. Departing in business-class there's the rather lovely premium check-in area leading directly into the lounge. Departing in economy, the passport queues are no longer a challenge. Sadly, a number of the retail outlets have given up the ghost or function only part-time. Even more sadly Turkish (my airline of choice from UK to CGK) has shifted over to T3, though I think Qatar still uses T2

T3 is soulless cookie-cutter terminal, built to a simple design creating those vast distances. Some airlines (looking at you Malaysia) always seem to be allocated stands at the furthest end: from the reports here it looks like SriLankan might get the same treatment.
T2 does still house QR, but like you, I miss the days when that was the main gateway into the country!

T3 is an L shaped metal box, lacking in ventilation and air-conditioning, and with moving walkways which just arent long enough!

M