FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Stop the early boarding (D0) stupidity
View Single Post
Old Feb 28, 2019, 4:06 pm
no2chem

Programs: AA EXP (owe), BA Silver (ows), AB Silver (owr), WN A+/CP, IHG Spire AMB, Avis First
Originally Posted by GoodFastOrCheap
Someone decided to begin the boarding process early (who knows why) and the gate agent (correctly) noticed you were checked-in but not on the plane once it finished. You can complain, but flights take off and arrive early quite frequently.

Leaving a lounge approx. 10 mins away from your gate at scheduled boarding time implies that you weighed the risk of missing your flight and decided to take a chance. You are very lucky they contacted you before closing the door.
Are you serious? Unless I tripped and fell, there's a nearly 0% chance of missing the flight as I'd arrive 20 minutes EARLY, and by their own own contract of carriage
  • 15 minutes before departure on domestic flights
  • 30 minutes before departure for international flights
If you're not, we may reassign your seat to another passenger.

The doors close 10 minutes before departure and you will not be allowed to board once the doors close.
As in, if they failed to allow me to board, they're violating their own contract of carriage. I don't care if they call me or not.

Wow, the amount of misinformation on Flyertalk.....

I value my time much more than some people here it seems. If I bought a ticket on AA that says it departs at 5:00pm, I expect to be accepted for boarding up until 4:50pm, no matter if all of the plane is already on board or if they have some operational reason to. If they don't want it that way, then CHANGE the boarding time and the contract of carriage!!!