FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Citi Secure Message - now read only?
View Single Post
Old Feb 28, 2019, 12:44 pm
cheaptom

I usually ask for a bonus miles match via SM, but I realized that SM was no longer available. So this time I asked via chat.
Just for the sake of asking, I began the chat by saying "I can't find the portal to send a Secure Message. Can you send me a link?" He replied by saying that Citi did away with SM as a "benefit to the customers." Sounds like they've been trained to say that. They eliminate a fast and secure method of communication, and it's to MY benefit?

Anyway, he says he'll be happy to help me on chat. So I asked for a match, and he asked me to hold and he'll look into it. He came back and said that he sees the offer I was referring to, but he is not authorized to give me the extra miles. Can I hold again? I said yes. A few minutes later, he came back to say that someone higher up will have to help me. He will have someone email or call me back within 24 hours.

So it's a week later, and no contact. I truied a new chat today. This time the chat guy looked into it says I don't qualify for the bonus miles. That's cool, and I can accept it if they won't give me more miles. BUT... I asked, "Is there any record of my chat last week? I've been waiting over a week for my answer, and no one contacted me." He tells me to hold again and he'll look into it. Next thing I know, the Survey pops up. I had been disconnected!

Such a difference between the skill set and permissions that the SM reps had and the chat reps have.