FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Airport Shuttle Serving Boston Closes Down - Thoughts?
Old Feb 28, 2019, 7:36 am
Cloudship

Programs: Independent
Airport Shuttle Serving Boston Closes Down - Thoughts?

I live in a city west of Boston. We have two local airport limo/shared van services that transport people to Logan International. One of them has just announced they will be shutting down.

I have used these guys occasionally (though I tend to use their competition more). The arguments presented in the article pretty much mirror what the drivers all said. As a passenger, my take has been that it costs so much to use the shared vans - well over $100 if you are by yourself, that it is much cheaper to drive half way in and park at an express lot. For certain tripos you can even find offsite airport parking for nearly as cheaply. Top this off with the fact that they usually need to pick you up 3 1/2 hours before your flight, you are riding in an uncomfortable van with a bunch of other people, there is really little value in the proposition. They all seem to vehemently hate the Lyft and Uber drivers, but those aren't much better pricewise, you just get your own vehicle without all the delays.

The original airport shuttle model just doesn't seem to work anymore. What IS the right model going forward?