FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - IHG Properties with Bonus Point Package higher than 5,000 points
Old Feb 27, 2019, 2:45 pm
lwildernorva

Programs: Amex Plat, AA, BA Silver, Marriott Plat, Choice Gold, HHonors Gold, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by Marriott15
Again did the same thing. Emailed IHG let them know I made a 10k bonus point package. They had to subtract the 10k package that was posted as Hotel Promotion Points and then added as Loyalty Goodwill so they would be qualifying.

I now have around 70k elite qualifying points for 9 stays. Just need one more and I will be spire.

This is the 4th different agent this year that has done this for me. So again I know people want to say on here that they are not supposed to be but like I have stated on here many times the 10k packages need to get reversed to elite qualifying and you shouldn't have a issue. I have never ever been told in years that the 10k packages were not qualifying.
I'm awaiting resolution of a claim for the 25K package at the Hotel Indigo in Brooklyn, but I agree that there is no particular reason these points aren't qualifying. For instance, with the 25K package, the cost on top of the BAR was $100 for the points which is in line with charges made at other hotels with packages at 5K or less. In fact, there's one hotel I use in Williamsburg, Virginia where the 5K package actually costs a bit less than a 4K package they also offer with no other discernible benefit difference. I don't understand the logic, but I also don't waste my time buying the 4K package.