FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Lap infant on AA partner award ticket in J
Old Feb 27, 2019, 2:11 pm
Artemio

Programs: A3*, HH, club carlson: all gold and bonvoy plat
Here is something else, but since the title of the thread corresponds, I thought it's not worth opening a new thread.

Last year I redeemed AA miles for the following RT which will happen in July 2019.

GVA-AUH-MLE with EY
and
MLE-DOH-GVA with QR on the way back.

Starting this week I've been trying to add a lap INFANT to my tickets without any luck.
To be short, here is why nobody can do it:

- AA can't issue the infant ticket because neither QR nor EY have revenue fare for "GVA-MLE" which allows AA to sell it.
- Both QR and EY can't sell me the infant ticket because my ticket is a 001 (=AA) ticket and they don't have hands on it.

Right now, a supervisors team from AA is on my case, they apparently are really willing to help me out of this weird situation, but they told me since QR and EY are not really cooperating, it doesn't look great for me.

After AA respond, if negative, I'll try a forth time getting in touch with QR and EY by stating what's written in this thread: INF ticket on same PNR, but on QR/EY e-ticket number.

Before that, does someone have had any similar experience or has any ideas/clues to sort this thing out. I'd never thought an INF ticket could be such a hassle.