FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Combine Accounts Update
View Single Post
Old Feb 27, 2019, 10:45 am
RogerD408
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by Nick Art
Hi there,

I've had accounts with SPG, RitzCarlton Rewards and Mariott from years ago and never really used them. My Ritz account had one stay of ten days on it and my SPG account a stay of one week from last year. Since I have only stayed with fairmont since then I didn't really follow the news since I was happy with my Fairmont Presidents Club program. Now, however, Fairmont has been integrated into LeCLub Accor (a merger that was actually worse IT and benefits wise than the one we're discussing here), so now I'm trying to get all my accounts in order here again for possible future stays.

The information so far that I found is: I have three bonvoy accounts: One with the number from the ritz, one with the spg number and one with the mariott number, none of which show any stay history whatsoever. the SPG acount is the only one that ahs my address, while the mariott account is the only one that has an email attached to it (I believe it removed it from the other two accounts). In the mergin accounts options it only shows me to merge my rewards with the spg account, but which rewards do they mean? Ritz or mariott? and how do I combine the both rewards accounts? Currently it doesn't even let me merge any of the both rewards account with the spg one, as they don't have an email attached to it. The Ritz and spg account were at some point linked but don't appear to be so anymore... If anybody could tell me how I can merge those accounts and also which account number would make most sense to keep (I'm torn between spg and ritz number) I'd be really greatful.

OT: In comparison, I'm hopefull that this time with hotel account mergers won't top my current record with Accor which was a whopping 2 months! and that only, because I happened to reach a former fairmont employe who was willing to help me (who had to single handedly duplicate the whole account. (I've to this date not received an answer of the leclub support email 8 months later and the phone just hanged up after a time). So I believe it can't get any worse than the above.

Cheers

Nick
I think your best hope is to find a very competent CSR and walk through the process very carefully. Marriott IT is not known for their ability to put out a system that handles corner cases very well. First off, I thought it was against the rules to have both a Ritz & Marriott account, so you may have to choose which to abandon if you get a stubborn CSR. Also, you will want to dig up your actual account numbers and use those to access your accounts until you are down to one that has your desired email address. I disagree with the design process that uses an email address as the user name, just way too many failure points there for my liking, so I have unique addresses that allow me to avoid short sighted IT designs. Again, plan this out before making any contact with Marriott and take it one step at a time to make sure they complete each step before moving on to the other. Good luck.