FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Italy Trip in march
View Single Post
Old Feb 27, 2019, 4:02 am
offerendum
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by newfrequent
Hi,

My partner had booked an 2 week anniversary trip to Sydney, Hamilton Island (Qualia even after I made him read MacMyDays review) and then Melbourne. We had to cancel this due him getting a bit ill so the long haul flights wouldn't work anymore. However he really needs the break, we're looking to head to Italy on Friday and I thought I'd see if the ever knowledgeable luxury forum had some recommendations .

- Rome for 3 nights (currently interested in the Hotel Eden)
- Driving to the Tuscan countryside hotel for 1 or 2 nights (I currently have no ideas about this)
- Driving to Florence for 3 nights (either the FS or St Regis)
- Possibly Venice for 2/3 nights (currently interested in the Gritti Palace)

I know we'd need to drive from Rome to the tuscan countryside but are the trains between Florence and Venice plausible with 1 piece of large luggage each in exec class?

Many thanks!
I will do a relatively similar trip end of March/ April. In Rome I booked the Eden. 3 nights is not much. Eden runs a 4 for 3 promotion so perhaps this could be an option. In Florence I will stay at St. Regis this time, stayed at the FS in the past. While location of the StR is more central the FS is a very fine hotel. If walking is not a problem and itīs the first time I would tend to FS or if you from pictures both like equal choose by price. At Venice I booked Ca Sagredo and Aman. 2 nights Venice seems very short to me.