FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The LOT Kafeteria 2018-23 (retired)
View Single Post
Old Feb 26, 2019, 5:53 pm
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Originally Posted by MikeInMass
My elderly parents are planning to travel NYC-KSC to visit family. A return flight KSC-WAW-JFK makes sense for them, but the connection from LO510 to LO26 is only 45 minutes. Any impressions of how smooth or rough the misconnect experience on LO would be for two Americans with no Polish? I assume a misconnect would most likely mean they'd have to spend the night in Warsaw? Thanks for any thoughts.
Hi Mike,

No worries... IMHO WAW is one of Europe's most efficient airports (together with MUC/VIE/HEL). They just need to clear Immigration and are almost done. I say 'almost' as now there are security interviews for US flights (Trump's nonsense - thank you POTUS) just after the Immigration. They need to identify themselves to the agent (on the left after Immigration).

If they miss a connection, they will enjoy a night in WAW courtesy of LO. No exceptions - EU law requires carrier to always provide assistance - even if the reason for delay is weather. Last time I was given a hotel voucher, taxi voucher TO the hotel (was told to use the hotel shuttle for the return) and meal vouchers. Hotel was OK'sh but food they served was good.

There is also a morning KSC-WAW flight - just in case they might be willing to have a longer layover and go to the city. But this might make their journey too long... Lack of Polish is not a problem. There is a surprisingly good number of people in WAW who can communicate in fairly good English.